ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Accessories
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessories Lights, Knives, Clips... little things that make diving easier or more fun.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
sudnit5
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
That light looks pretty nice, but a hefty price tag.
sudnit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
JahJahwarrior
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSea View Post
I was once told that there is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer. When people are intimidated to the point they don't ask, then nobody learns anything new.

Now TDS isn't a bad forum. There is probably more information over there regarding tech diving than any other forum I know. I do read there, I just don't post there. As far as I'm concerned, this forum is what all forums should be like.
I added visual notification of my sarcasm to my earlier post, because apparently it was not recognized that I was speaking somewhat sarcastically.

As for TDS and SB and ST, I much prefer reading at TDS, as it is chock full of knowledge. ST is much better for community. SB is in the middle. ST just doesn't have the info that SB and TDS have. It probably will within a few years, but many of the knowledgable people will come here from SB or TDS (Well, more from SB than TDS. TDS is a very technical-diving-oriented site, technical divers are less likely to be interested in a recreational board) and will bring with them the same attitude, which can be summed up in very few words: "Be smart, think it through for yourself, and use the search function first." So I do think its good for us to try and keep life more civil here, and it's never right to ridicule people. However, I do think there is such thing as a stupid question, when that stupid question has been asked before. If a question makes you want to go out and cause physical mutilation to a dead equine animal, then it's a "stupid question." But its never good to call a person stupid for asking a question. (though there are alot of idiots out there)

Anyways, when I want to buy something, I go to TDS or SB. When I want to know something about technical diving, I go to TDS. When I want to know something about rec diving, I go to SB, and then here. When I want to shoot the breeze, I go here, than to SB.

Oh, and I have gotten "yelled" at for things from users on here. No forum is completely devoid of rudeness....(even though I'll admit, sometimes I can be very rude, but when I get yelled at for being rude I'm fine with that, it's when I didn't do anything intentionally and someone calls me names that I get upset) [/off topic]

PICTURES!!! We must see pictures of this light in action!
JahJahwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
Iceman
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSea View Post
I feel a LED vrs HID Pepsi Challenge is coming our way. For those not familiar with this, check this out.

WARNING: This forum has people that don't play nice.

I am considering this light, but for that money, I really want to see it underwater 1st.
For those of us who eschew TDS how about a G Rated summary?
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
JahJahwarrior
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

For those of us who eschew TDS how about a G Rated summary?
Um, Patrick from Oxycheq, who sells that light, made by Solus, and the guys from Salvo got in a shouting match that lasted multiple pages with many users throwing intheir own opinions. Patrick argued that HID technology is soon to be outmoded, and that the Solus is superior becuase it is as bright as HID's but unbreakable. The other people (including Salvo) argued that their lights were brighter, and that the increased durability of the Solus was not important, becuase most users were not hammering their lights on tables or tossing them intot he air as hard as they possibly can, as Patrick showed the Solus could handle.

It's a good read. I read it a while back, so I don't rmember all of it.

The Solus line of lights looks extremely impressive and I very badly wish I could afford one...
JahJahwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
Iceman
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Thanks JahJah

Yeah, the combination of LED vs. HID and two Sellers in combat would make for a lot of noise.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Accessories