ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Dive Spots > Japan
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Japan A good friend of mine, and previous instructor for your shop, Lt. Col. Bill Vikers was stationed there and ran a dive club. Said the diving was great! Let the rest of us know about it!

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
Phestr
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
My Photos: 25 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 4
Their Posts: 4
Send a message via MSN to Phestr
Post Okinawa - Weekend Dive Report - 17 Aug

This report is sent out every week, but not everyone gets it. So I'm gonna be posting it here.

Ed Dunn writes:

Good morning. We are looking at another wet windy weekend, but not the amount of rain we had last weekend. Like to welcome home HMM-262 from their 8 month tour of duty in Iraq. Glad to have you all home safe and sound.
Dive Forecast: We are looking at the same weather conditions as last week without all of the rain. Winds throughout Saturday and Sunday will be from the southeast at 23 mph and gust to 34. Sunday the winds remain from the southeast at at 17 mph and gust to 23. No doubt Maeda will be the place to go unless we are in Sea Condition Red. If you are planning on going there better go early. Last Saturday by 0900 every parking space was filled. Dive sites down south I would forget about. Make sure you make the right choice.
Okuma: Give the boat house a call for times and locations of the dives.
Tides:
18 Aug. Lows: 0354 @ 2.59 ft & 1554 @ 2.78 ft Highs: 1006 @ 6.46 ft & 2218 @ 6.82 ft
19 Aug. Lows: 0430 @ 2.79 ft & 1612 @ 3.33 ft Highs: 1042 @ 5.96 ft & 2248 @ 6.59 ft
Boating Forecast: Hazardous warnings have been posted for Saturday and Sunday. RED FLAG, with winds from the southeast at 19 to 25 knots Saturday and seas at 14 feet with an 11 second interval. Sunday the winds remain from the southeast at 20 to 26 knots and seas at 11 feet with a 10 to 11 second interval.
Safety Tip: A Right Hand Release. Over and over we hear, "Make sure your weight belt is a right hand release." Well most divers that a weight belt have it on for a right hand release in the event of an emergency and the diver must increase buoyancy by ditching their weight. One reason for this is the number of Buoyancy Control Device's, BCDs, that are still on the market that has a buckle that opens to the left and the diver does not mistake the weight belt buckle for the BCD waist buckle. If you have a weight belt on as a left hand release you will not burn for eternity. However, your dive buddy needs to know if you have a right or left hand release if they must ditch your weight. Lets face it, some people are left handed and it is natural for them to use their left hand.
Failure to ditch the weight belt is a serious problem in diving accidents-nearly 100 percent of victims in fatal dive accidents are found with their weight belts, or system, in place There is no evidence to suggest that this problem has anything to do with which the belt buckle releases. Remember to review weight ditching with your buddy and know what to do if you find yourself in a situation where you need to ditch your weight.
That is it for this weekend. Have a great one and be safe. This is Ed Dunn with the Kadena Marina Scuba Locker and we will see ya down under.

Mr. Ed Dunn
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
deepdiver47
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
interesting, I especially like "If you have a weight belt on as a left hand release you will not burn for eternity"

Its funny but sobering all in one. Lefties need to stay home. I throw and bat left but I eat and write with my right.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Phestr
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
My Photos: 25 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 4
Their Posts: 4
Send a message via MSN to Phestr
Yeah, this guy usually reads this on the radio as well. He's a really good instructor, too. I get it in the e-mail at work, but sometimes I need to reference it at home. So now I have a weekly post to keep up.

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Dive Spots > Japan