ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Dry Suits
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dry Suits When neoprene is just not enough!

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
skdvr
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Referal Stats
Referals: 3
Their Posts: 413
Dry Suit w/ BP/W

I am taking the Dry Suit course in a few weeks and I was wondering if I am going to have to readjust my BP/W to fit the drysuit? My normal diving is with a 7mm and a hooded vest. I guess If I have to do the waist strap that is not to big of a deal, but I do not really want to have to mess with the shoulder straps.

Phil
skdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Charles R
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
The question is weather you will ever dive wet again cause if not then once you adjust for the drysuit it will stay that way like when you set it up for your 7mm. weather you will have to adjust or not depends on too many variables like what undergarmet, what type of drysuit, ect ect ect.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
Kingpatzer
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Isn't this just a perfect reason to get a second plate and harness
Kingpatzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
ScaredSilly
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Huh? This should be a minor adjustment so it should take all of few minutes to readjust. It more than that you may not have the harness set up right in the first place.
ScaredSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
BSea
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 1 Images
This is why I use the Dive Rite deluxe harness. Any small adjustments can be done with the chest strap. I use it with my drysuit, my wetsuit with core warmer, and without, and just a shorty.

You don't know Desdemona? "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown." - Jimmy Buffett
BSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
skdvr
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Referal Stats
Referals: 3
Their Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
The question is weather you will ever dive wet again cause if not then once you adjust for the drysuit it will stay that way like when you set it up for your 7mm. weather you will have to adjust or not depends on too many variables like what undergarmet, what type of drysuit, ect ect ect.
yes I will be diving wet again. I do not have the funds right now to purchase a drysuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpatzer View Post
Isn't this just a perfect reason to get a second plate and harness
That sounds good to me, but I would have a hard time getting that past my wife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredSilly
Huh? This should be a minor adjustment so it should take all of few minutes to readjust. It more than that you may not have the harness set up right in the first place.
Well it would not be a big deal except my harness is not setup just to be moved. It is held in place with a rubber sleeve over the 2" webbing. If I move it then I will have to re-adjust the harness to get it to fit me with the 7m mon which requires me to get into the 7mm in my house which is not pleasent being in a 7mm wetsuit and messing with the harness then trying it on and then adjusting it some more. I would just rather not mess with it if I do not have to.

I guess I will just see how it fits. If I have to move it then I have to move it...

Phil
skdvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Dry Suits