ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Dry Suits
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dry Suits When neoprene is just not enough!

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

View Poll Results: Choose which drysuit brand you have or use.
Viking 1 1.72%
DUI 23 39.66%
Dive Rite 3 5.17%
Bare 26 44.83%
Pinnacle 0 0%
Whites 5 8.62%
USIA 5 8.62%
Oceanic 1 1.72%
Apollo 0 0%
Gates/Hunter 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #61
cummings66
Barracuda
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
I like the Zip seals myself, not enough to spend the extra to have them but they are a nice touch. The thing about them is field repairs go away, just swap out a seal and go dive, nothing more simple.

IMO DUI's greatest thing is the rock boot, I love them. However other makers have similar systems. One of the most comfortable boots I've ever wore was the Viking Extreme boot, it's soft and comfortable, better than their other boots on the HD and Pro suits. Plus, you can use Jet's with them.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #62
CompuDude
Barracuda
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66 View Post
I like the Zip seals myself, not enough to spend the extra to have them but they are a nice touch. The thing about them is field repairs go away, just swap out a seal and go dive, nothing more simple.

IMO DUI's greatest thing is the rock boot, I love them. However other makers have similar systems. One of the most comfortable boots I've ever wore was the Viking Extreme boot, it's soft and comfortable, better than their other boots on the HD and Pro suits. Plus, you can use Jet's with them.
I looked over the numbers, and decided to buy my DUI without zip seals.

It'll cost me a little bit more down the road to retrofit the suit with zip seals, but because it's a DUI suit, I can. Not an option with any other suit maker. And this lets me spread the cost out a bit. I figure I should get a year on the original seals, barring any accidents (which would make me regret my decision!), but once they go, since I'd need to spend money anyway to get the seals replaced, that would be a good time to go ahead and upgrade.
CompuDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #63
cummings66
Barracuda
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
You should be able to get more than a year easily. I've got 2 on one of my Vikings and 1 on another. Both look and feel like new seals so I think as long as you trimmed the well with no nicks you'll easily get several years out of them.

For what it's worth I don't use sunscreen or any product at all while diving that contains oil of any kind, merely talc or corn starch. Sometimes soapy water, and that's it.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #64
CompuDude
Barracuda
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66 View Post
You should be able to get more than a year easily. I've got 2 on one of my Vikings and 1 on another. Both look and feel like new seals so I think as long as you trimmed the well with no nicks you'll easily get several years out of them.

For what it's worth I don't use sunscreen or any product at all while diving that contains oil of any kind, merely talc or corn starch. Sometimes soapy water, and that's it.
Hope so. The seals on my USIA are over a year old and look great.

I have to wear sunscreen, though... the Irish in my skin does NOT appreciate the sun in way whatsoever.
CompuDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Dry Suits